1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have, or are you, an Art Technician?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by CubittEducation, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi All
    I'm really interested in how many Art Technicians there are out in secondary schools etc. I used to be one (and moved on) and always felt a bit isolated.
    Could there be some kind of art technicians support network? Or professional development opportunity? They're often artists, but maybe don't use their skills enough?
    If you are a technician- what do you think of your role, and would you benefit from meeting other technicians? if you have one in your department- is it working well, do they do any courses?
    Let me know what you think!

Daniel

2. Hi All
    I'm really interested in how many Art Technicians there are out in secondary schools etc. I used to be one (and moved on) and always felt a bit isolated.
    Could there be some kind of art technicians support network? Or professional development opportunity? They're often artists, but maybe don't use their skills enough?
    If you are a technician- what do you think of your role, and would you benefit from meeting other technicians? if you have one in your department- is it working well, do they do any courses?
    Let me know what you think!

Daniel