1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have an idea for me...?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Jan 30, 2012.

1. A colleague of mine has been very ill (rectum problems, bits cut away, cough splutter).
    Is also lactose intolerant.
    Is there a wee cake I can bake that will not make his rectum explode? (sorry to be so explicit!)
    If lapin is around - he is a golf fanatic, so a wee cake with a golf theme would be great. There is that other poster who is so great at cakes, I am so ashamed, I forget the name! Hey, if you are reading, help!
    I mean, that is what you are all there for, innit? The impossible?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Fatless sponge? With a jam filling, cover the top with green icing, model a golf ball from sugar paste fabricate a 'hole' on top put the golf ball in it with a little flag which could say his name.

3. I knew you would have an idea!
    I, however, have a new challenge - lactose free tiramisu?
    I have a friend (Italian) who has an ice cream parlour, who is having a think about it but so far she said "lactose free - he isn't Italian, is he?" and then started that Italian waving of arms and lots of jibber jabber about "not knowing what is good for you" and "just where do you meet these people...?" yada yada...[​IMG]

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Soya cream?

5. Or check out Rose Elliot's instructions on making a nut milk!
    Or a nut butter??