1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have a question for Stephen?

Discussion in 'Governors' started by harsh-but-fair, Jul 10, 2014.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

As Stephen Adamson hasn't posted on TES this year (2014) I assume that the arrangement for him to answer questions has ceased.

Shouldn't the 'sticky' at the top of this forum be removed?

2. montiagh

montiagh New commenter

He was never particularly hot at replying in a timely fashion. Having said that the activity on here for an army of 300,000 volunteers is exceptionally poor and we either have overwhelmingly good/outstanding GB's or as Gove/Wilshawe purports much work is still to be done with them.

3. staxis

staxis New commenter

...or they simply don't bother with the TES forum.

4. montiagh

montiagh New commenter

Yes that is likely as there is a much better forum at UKGov but even that one has a minute percentage of UK governor users with around only a dozen being regular contributors. I often wonder whether it is a barometer of the state of school governance in the UK. One must also factor in peer support in governance, LA governance units and those very helpful people at Governorline.

5. bonjourmadame

bonjourmadame New commenter

I am a governor and go on TES but have never posted on the governor's forum. After saying that I'm a teacher as well though!!

6. Do you think it might be something to do with how difficult it is to find the correct bit of the communities? If you are not a teacher or someone who works in a school already you are unlikely to accidently stumble across the governor strand

7. harsh-but-fair

A fair point Jea.

8. harsh-but-fair

Still not changed, I see.

9. harsh-but-fair

STILL not changed ...