1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have a listening station in your classroom? Would you recommend it?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bassetthound, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bassetthound

bassetthound New commenter

The PTA has offered to buy each class a luxury item and I thought about buying the Easi-Ears listening station for my Y2 room. Wondered if other teachers have any experience of this and if they feel it is useful?

Any tips of how to use it efficiently?

2. bassetthound

bassetthound New commenter

The PTA has offered to buy each class a luxury item and I thought about buying the Easi-Ears listening station for my Y2 room. Wondered if other teachers have any experience of this and if they feel it is useful?

Any tips of how to use it efficiently?

3. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

I've never heard of it, but just looked it up on TTS and it looks fab! Have you clicked on the video tab - there is a useful youtube clip showing how it works.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW! Looks fabulous. I don't have one, but would love to.

5. I have a listening center in my classroom and it is used almost daily. The children love it and even ask if they can use it. We are very lucky at our school as we have unlimited access to resources, but it is still workable to buy a cd player and loan cd books from the library. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

6. We have one and so does our Reception Class. It's part of our constant provision and it's always full of children...we just got 10 or so books with CD's to start with...but parents have donated them and we've found lots at car boots and charity shops and now have well over 50.
    We also sometimes have themed music, language resources or even number rhymes playing...to fit the theme the children have chosen.
    They're excellent :0)