1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you give private tuition?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Tandy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Hi folks.

Do any of you give private tuition to students outside of school hours?

If so, I have just created a new area of Emaths:

This area allows you to create your own profile, giving a description of the services you offer. I will soon start to advertise this on the Emaths frontpage and in the Students section. Hopefully this should send a good amount of business to any budding tutor. Last year, at the peak of exam time, Emaths was recieving approximately 2million hits per month and I expect this year to be even bigger looking at the trends over the years. So there should be a good audience there.

As with everything that I do, all of this is of course entirely free.

Making a profile only takes a few minutes, so why not give it a shot. Hope that the site proves useful to those of you that offer tuition.

Cheers
    M

2. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Hi folks.

Do any of you give private tuition to students outside of school hours?

If so, I have just created a new area of Emaths:

This area allows you to create your own profile, giving a description of the services you offer. I will soon start to advertise this on the Emaths frontpage and in the Students section. Hopefully this should send a good amount of business to any budding tutor. Last year, at the peak of exam time, Emaths was recieving approximately 2million hits per month and I expect this year to be even bigger looking at the trends over the years. So there should be a good audience there.

As with everything that I do, all of this is of course entirely free.

Making a profile only takes a few minutes, so why not give it a shot. Hope that the site proves useful to those of you that offer tuition.

Cheers
    M

3. I tutored a student from a different school fo maths once, it was great having that one on one teacher situation, you can really see them develop. It's makes a big difference not having to think of the rest of the class.