1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you get paid for being in charge of medical supplies?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by nicci_c_kelly, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Hi
    I have been asked to be in charge of medical supplies in my school, ordering and point of call for staff with queries and keeping the cupboard stocked so to speak. There was no mention of being paid for this extra work and I was wondering if any of you guys get paid or where to get some more information from regarding this?

Any info greatly appreciated

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Many years ago, this would have been part of the first aider duties in primary school and there was a very small allowance paid. To my knowledge, this disappeared several years back. At our primary now, the majority of TAs have an emergency first aider qualification and one or two people in school have First Aid at Work (longer training course). One of them is responsible for ordering supplies, but it's just part of their regular job - no extra money.

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Our school secretary used to do it, no extra money.