1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you get a graduation ceremony after your PGCE?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by robynsmith, Feb 26, 2011.

1. I have a place at the ioe to start in September... Just wandering if we get a graduation ceremony when we finish?
    If you're wandering why I'm asking before i even start... Got to sort out tickets for undergrad one this summer and parents are divorced so waaaaay to awkward to have them both there as they don't speak! So thinking mum this 1 dad next (if there is one)!? If anyone else is in the same boat would be good to hear!
    (Sorry if you're reading this again... posed it in Scotland student teachers by mistake)

2. I have a place at the ioe to start in September... Just wandering if we get a graduation ceremony when we finish?
    If you're wandering why I'm asking before i even start... Got to sort out tickets for undergrad one this summer and parents are divorced so waaaaay to awkward to have them both there as they don't speak! So thinking mum this 1 dad next (if there is one)!? If anyone else is in the same boat would be good to hear!
    (Sorry if you're reading this again... posed it in Scotland student teachers by mistake)

3. Depends on the uni. Some do, usually as part of postgrads, some hold a simple ceremony, more informal, while others have nothing and you get your certificate in the post!

4. IM at the Ioe now, yes you do get a graduation ceremony but it happens in the academic year after you graduate.

5. At Leeds we get a graduation ceremony the December after finishing the course. So will be a lovely chance to catch up with everyone after a term of our NQT years!