1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you find christmas boring?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Dec 22, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Although i don't mind folk enjoying christmqs personally i find it boring these days.I do go to midnight mass but other than that fail to see how it is exciting.maybe im getting an old grumpy person.
    mind you I probabaly am as i also find most evenings boring as well as I cant be bothered to do all the things i could be doing.lol

2. oldsomeman

Although i don't mind folk enjoying christmqs personally i find it boring these days.I do go to midnight mass but other than that fail to see how it is exciting.maybe im getting an old grumpy person.
    mind you I probabaly am as i also find most evenings boring as well as I cant be bothered to do all the things i could be doing.lol

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You don't strike me as this. By the sounds of it you just need to kick start your metabolism . . . . . do you exercise?

4. oldsomeman

only in bed...snoring lol
    actually i have a busy life as im often on the go sorting out stuf in the house......i just get really bored easily lol
    I cant find mental stimulation or any other sort! and dont suggest gym as i find them boring! lol

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Perhaps you need to take risks and start up a high-adrenaline sport? Not sure what might feel manageable to you. It's a balancing act and the balance changes with age - it can go either way!!

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I simply can't understand how an adult can be bored. Even if I were alone at home at Christmas I'm sure I'd find something to do to entertain myself. As it is I'm going away so the prospect of boredom doesn't arise. I suppose I might feel unstimulated if I had to spend it in the company of people who weren't very interesting.

7. oldsomeman

believe me sooty.when you spend a lot of the day witha woman who talks knitting incessently you get bored.....i do try to escape....I have my allotments and someitimes jobs for folks which i love doing....
    I still havent got to grips with not working a lot.....but i always did miss work in the hols when i was full time teaching.........then i used to find othe work to do in building or the allotments.
    But i get incrediblly bored at night.i have been known to start house work late in the evening for a 'change' lol

8. ilovesooty

I'm afraid that I couldn't live with someone who bored me to tears, but it sounds as though you'd be on to a non starter trying to make her any more interesting. I think I'd leave her to her knitting and escape to another room and do something else. It sounds to me as though you need a hobby or something. In your position I think I'd leave her to her knitting and soaps and go to the allotment anyway - but then I don't have the patience to put up with enforced non stimulating activity.
    It can be difficult if you miss work and haven't found anything stimulating to replace it, but surely you wouldn't be working at Christmas anyway?

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm sure I could bring you some Christmas cheer Oldie! [​IMG]

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Poker den, illicit whisky still, join a local vigilante group, start growing your own ganja (avoid the police), get a CB radio and drive about at night (track the police), study esoteric candle making and witchcraft, volunteer in a homeless shelter, find your nearest climbing wall and learn, set up a seance parlour, join Match.com and meet some like-minded fellows . . . . .

11. oldsomeman

oh i do go tp another room .but i canttotally ignore.and sometimes we do find thhgs to watch together lol.....then often she goes to sleep lol.....
    What i need is some of my other friends who i can engage in conversation about a range of good issues.i love to argue..but at the end of the night remain friends...trouble is most these days seem to want to watch tv!
    I wil work on any day if im paid..but you do have to think of others...troble is I am not the sort to sit andlet others do things for me.i often like to lead from the front..LOL

12. oldsomeman

SIGH,,,,,,,,will your husband mind?

13. oldsomeman

erm.......yes .well lol
    how do you study a candle.its only wax?
    dont play poker or card game
    dont drink spirits
    feet aches if i walk to much
    witchcraft i understand a little , and besides in careful in spritual things
    volunteer i was going to do but i got talked out
    climbing wall ..maybe when i have lost a few more stone.at the moment i wouldnt be able to haul myself up the wall as too heavy,Actully id love to climb a mountain but not climbed one for over 30 years lol
    match dot com.haha...the moment you say your married they vanish like the mists on the moor!
    But thank you kibosh!

14. ilovesooty

Shame...but then needy women with no hobbies or interesting conversation would irritate the hell out of me if I were a man. You could always **** off down to the pub for a bit.
    Doesn't solve the problem of tedious Christmas but have you considered joining a debating society?

15. ilovesooty

That's a shame. Perhaps you could encourage her in future to join you. It might broaden her horizons a bit.

16. oldsomeman

no it dont......but never mind we have to get through it lol

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I meant male pals. Have you tried for men friends? I don't mean on a sexual level obviously, just guys to hang out with and perhaps chew the fat of the day

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I am tickled pink. This thread is cliched roles in reversal - the man just wants to moan (be honest, you do really) while the women find practical solutions

19. ilovesooty

I agree. The theme comes up often and Olds routinely rejects most suggestions...

Why don't you confiscate her bloody knitting, insist the TV is turned off and talk or play board games?

20. oldsomeman

actually no i havent o be honest..possibly because i assumed might be seen as canvassing men for sexual favours. and in whom i have no interest at all.Id like one of those groups you see on tv form the bingo site who seem to do things together...but finding such a group is not always easy.