1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you feel valued?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ruth1816, Feb 20, 2011.

1. I like to think I know a little about one particular area of the curriculum (Well, more than 1, hopefully!) but the evidence would suggest otherwise.
    When one of our SLT went on a course about this area, she was given a copy of MY booklist, a copy of MY published article and is still asking the course leader, from our county team, to lead a staff meeting on the area.
    Well, I'm not a member of SLT so, obviously, I know nothing....

2. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

3. Forgot to mention the 10 month series in Child Ed and lots of other articles...

4. It is a job where any value you feel is there because you award it to yourself. How hard would it be for SLT to just stop and say- I read all that planning I make you do and it had some good ideas. Or well done Mrs X since you had that class you have done a cracking job with behaviour and less children are walking around with black eyes. Grrrrrrrrr. And the parents.... PAH they won't value you unless you took the delights home and had them for a full week (in my LA area- and not just my thoughts on it)

5. It is a job where any value you feel is there because you award it to yourself. How hard would it be for SLT to just stop and say- I read all that planning I make you do and it had some good ideas. Or well done Mrs X since you had that class you have done a cracking job with behaviour and less children are walking around with black eyes. Grrrrrrrrr. And the parents.... PAH they won't value you unless you took the delights home and had them for a full week (in my LA area- and not just my thoughts on it). All I seem to do is heap praise out and build up my little class and I know I am doing it as part of my job and I love it... but I will never get thanked or even noticed by anyone. //// I have made it my rule to praise my partner teachers for lessons I observe or children's attitudes become more positive because I don't want any of them to feel so demoralised as I have since joining this school

6. It is a job where any value you feel is there because you award it to yourself. How hard would it be for SLT to just stop and say- I read all that planning I make you do and it had some good ideas. Or well done Mrs X since you had that class you have done a cracking job with behaviour and less children are walking around with black eyes. Grrrrrrrrr. And the parents.... PAH they won't value you unless you took the delights home and had them for a full week (in my LA area- and not just my thoughts on it). All I seem to do is heap praise out and build up my little class and I know I am doing it as part of my job and I love it... but I will never get thanked or even noticed by anyone. //// I have made it my rule to praise my partner teachers for lessons I observe or children's attitudes become more positive because I don't want any of them to feel so demoralised as I have since joining this school

7. ooops sorry about the repetition I don't know what happened