1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you ever meditate on the profundity of existence?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

And, if so, have you come to any conclusions?

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Daffodils really are very pretty. The human body is amazing. And then there's the ultimate question...does my cat really love me or is she just hungry?

Have I set the profundity bar too low?

Lascarina likes this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I don't think you have entirely plumbed the depths.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Death and taxes. The only certainties.

Life isn't s h it and then you die.

I think I've cracked it tbh.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I wonder that...

Ah Nazi cat is being nice to me, oh his food bowl is empty... are they connected?

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  6. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I have a meditate now and then. My meditation nearly always takes a strange turn towards how bizarre our lives have become and how insignificant we are as individuals. A giant colony just rushing around trying to exist but with most of our efforts going unnoticed and will mostly be unrecorded by history.
    I try not to meditate too often :oops:

7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Answer to OP....No.

Next...?

Jesmond12 likes this.
  8. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

You are Eury and I claim my £5.00.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  9. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

I thought about the The Unbearable Lightness of Being with the afternoon sun on my face. When living, in my house, in my country.

I do not have time anymore!

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Nope. I am merely alluding to a post made by Jude Fawley on badger-girl's thread about her desire to be rich and thin. I spend little time meditating on much at all, particularly the profundity of existence.

11. grumpydogwoman

We're all just ants. Only a bit bigger.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Except, in the fable, that makes you a grasshopper. Be more grasshopper.

12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I find the afternoon sun on my face very bearable, though I prefer it on my arms and legs and shoulders too when I am swimming in a pool, preferably in somewhere like N Cyprus.

13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. No conclusion so far!

14. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

I meditate on the superficiality of it all. I am a carbon based life form on a remote planet on the outer spinal arm of one of millions of galaxies.

15. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You get out of life as much as you put in.

I have wondered about reincarnation, nothing conclusive but a fascinating thought IMO.

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I sometimes wonder, if there is life after death, where do we all go and how do we all fit in? Thousands of years and billions of people! Would we get fed? And if we're supposed to meet up with our loved ones, how do you find them amongst that lot?

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You sound as if you think life after death is a physical existence. I am not sure whether you are referring to reincarnation BTW.

18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I expect, if there is, that they put up the razor wire ages ago to protect the borders.;)

InkyP and grumpydogwoman like this.
  19. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Reincarnation is different to what I imagine. I was being silly - we won't be all milling around up there. Maybe our 'souls' go back to the mother planet: sometimes, I think we're descended from aliens.

lexus300 likes this.
  20. grumpydogwoman

Did you see the first 'Matrix'?

That was actually a documentary. But then they brainwashed you afterwards, you see.

Dunteachin likes this.