1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you ever get that feeling.......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ......of being completey agitated/irritated and you don't really know why?
    I have had it for a few weeks now, and it is much worse today, lol.
    I have new books to read, and although I read one book last weekend, it was so good that the others pale in comparison.
    I have a load of preparation to do for Brownies - can't be bothered.
    I have a serious complaint to pursue - too much like hard work.
    I have ironing to to - disinterested.
    I read threads on here, which I could become involved in, but can't summon up the interest.
    Apart from shopping for groceries, I haven't put my foot near a shop since Christmas.
    There is a whole world wide web to be explored, and despite often being able to waste hours doing so, I cannot be bothered.
    I want something interesting to do - I sound like my adolescent daughter :s

2. ......of being completey agitated/irritated and you don't really know why?
    I have had it for a few weeks now, and it is much worse today, lol.
    I have new books to read, and although I read one book last weekend, it was so good that the others pale in comparison.
    I have a load of preparation to do for Brownies - can't be bothered.
    I have a serious complaint to pursue - too much like hard work.
    I have ironing to to - disinterested.
    I read threads on here, which I could become involved in, but can't summon up the interest.
    Apart from shopping for groceries, I haven't put my foot near a shop since Christmas.
    There is a whole world wide web to be explored, and despite often being able to waste hours doing so, I cannot be bothered.
    I want something interesting to do - I sound like my adolescent daughter :s

3. In a word - YES!!!
    Often.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.[​IMG]

4. Oh good. I hope you don't mind, that to know someone else also feels this way, pleases me. ;)

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You've just described my default state, LOL!

6. I have half a bottle of Glenmorangie and two straws if you'd care to join me, DG. xx

7. That sounds like a plan, Bauble ;)

8. Lol...i'll email you a large one.

9. Ooops...that was not meant to sound smutty, sorry. :¬((

10. Lol, Bauble!
    I, being the innocent creature that I am, never would have interpreted it that way ;)

11. Low blood sugar is usually the cause of most of my bad moods.

12. Oh, yes, absolutely yes! Sorry you're feelng like that, as it is irritating beyond belief ( which makes that mood even worse) , but relieved I am not alone!

13. I do think there is definitely something about January that makes people feel this way.
    I do love February though.
    I noticed the other day, while waiting for my daughter to come out of her violin lesson how quickly the seasons change from one to the next.
    In Spetember/October, I took the dog with me and took her for a walk, as the violin teacher lives on a private road. For a few weeks it was too dark and cold to do this - her lesson is at 4.30 pm. The last evening though, it was still clear when she came out a 5.
    I love the dark nights when they come, but I like them to be gone too. They really only last a very short time.
    I think I am getting old, lol!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

When I feel like that it's a sure sign I've forgotten to take my HRT for a few days.

15. Not in RL.
    I sometimes can't be bothered with TES though.

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Glad you've been enjoying it Baubs!

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Low blood alcohol often accounts for mine [​IMG]

18. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Yes, but its usually a specific person who is the cause of mine.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Is this actually true?

20. I know what you mean. I like February, too. The amount of daylight is more noticeable, there are buds on twigs, the blackbirds are being noisy in the fading light again.
    Strangely, when the clocks move forward, I find the extra daylight a bit depressing!! It's really weird. Then I get used to it. At the other end of the year I like the dark nights when they come too.