1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you ever get intimidated by your own "things to do list"?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I am normally quite organised but right now I just want to stick my head in the sand and sing la la la la la to myself.
    Not sure how to snap out of it.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I do. Yes.That's why I batter it into submission. Relentlessly.

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Oh, yes! Very familiar feeling.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Depends on what is on the list and HOW you are currently feeling about . . . well, everything

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

*eeek, If I can just squeeze in one, tiny factlet . . . Flere, I have santafied your avatar here. If you don't like it, that's fine . . . I just couldn't resist*

6. Flere-Imsaho

It's like one of those aliens which feeds on the energy of weapons fired at it.

kibosh likes this.
  7. Flere-Imsaho

La la la la la!

kibosh likes this.
  8. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Whenever I have to write a list of 'things-to-do', I always include jobs I have already done so that I can cross them off straight away.

I know I'm fooling myself but it makes the list look less intimidating. :D

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Hmm... things to do...

Get a job.

Yup, too intimidating, I'm staying in bed for life!

kibosh likes this.
  10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I always insist on failing to do some things. It's really important not to be hubristic about getting things done. There must always be flaws.

Wabi-sabi etc.

kibosh likes this.
  11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

First rule of house building.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  12. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I write them on a 'I must get organized day' and then bin it a few days later on a 'I must be more chilled' day.

cissy3 and kibosh like this.
  13. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Since I retired, I have made very few to-do lists. Sometimes I forget to do things, but I feel a lot less stress.

14. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

Frequently.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:D You know me too well, it seems. I can be organised, mostly at ALL times of the day . . when it's important (and that's when I have to double check my to-do list, written in RED ink on my forehead) but there's times when I just go with the flow

[​IMG]

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  16. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

No. When it gets too long I bin it and start a new one. No-one ever notices.

kibosh likes this.
  17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Anyway, asides from trying to make you laugh (which is also on my to-do list, co-incidentally) I have the remnants of a 2 year old to-do list to reckon with :eek:

18. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I go straight to number 12 - "enjoy a relaxing cuppa and cake", at least I'm getting something done.

Realistically though, get one **** thing done each day, eat the (unpleasant tasting) elephant in small chunks, it's easy to see the whole thing and constantly be overwhelmed so that you do nothing. Once you've done the first **** thing which in my case will usually take less than half an hour despite days of avoidance, you might even do another, but don't expect it of yourself. I find once I've done something I was avoiding I can get on with other stuff quite happily.

Lascarina and kibosh like this.
  19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Too true, mangle. :) I love the fairly lights in your post . . .so festive :D

My earlier ? of Flere was a means of deducing whether her to-do list was work related or personal related, or a mixture? I have advice (differing arsenal) to deal with all eventualities.

20. Flere-Imsaho

Personal. Work feels like a holiday just now.