1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you ever feel that you have measured out...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

your life in coffee spoons?

2. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I'll have to give this some thought, but I have been one of the women coming and going, talking of Michelagelo.

magic surf bus and Lascarina like this.
  3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Possibly
    But only if you count the plain ones
    Those fancy creations with enamelled bowls are not much use even if they are ornamental.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Tea bags maybe

Lascarina and grumpydogwoman like this.
  5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I like coffee spoons - they're so dinky - but I don't own any and rarely come across them so I wouldn't say I measure out my life in them.

Cereal boxes maybe.

6. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I inherited a nice set of 12 silver Aspreys coffee bean coffee spoons but I've only ever used them once when I was pretending to be posh. I'm no good at poshness so they went back into the dresser and I just use a teaspoon now. If, then, I'm to measure my life in coffee spoons then I'd come up short.

Lascarina likes this.
  7. Flere-Imsaho

I have now finished my second coffee of the day and the caffeine coursing through my veins is encouraging an alternative response.

I am Prince Hamlet!!!!!!!

Except I'm not that dithery. So that's not right either.

8. Flere-Imsaho

Gosh. I am really thick - Prufrock is Prince Hamlet in all his dithering glory, isn't he? He just doesn't realise it.

Right, I'd better go and do something productive with my stunning literary insight.

9. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

10. Flere-Imsaho

Is that how you have measured out your life?

11. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

some dull novel is it?:rolleyes:

12. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

sorry Flere, I se you have replied quickly to my post, which was intended as a response to Lasca's first post.... I changed it to a dot and tried again when I realized it looked like I was responding to your post.

13. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I grow old...I grow old...
    I shall wear the bottom of my trousers rolled. (* makes note to ask Vince if he will do this with his new ones once he's bought them*)

cissy3 likes this.
  15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ok I've looked it up now but don't feel up to it this morning. I'm enjoying Joan Bakewell's memoir on R4 though. On Midweek she said she wants to continue to get up each day and do something worthwhile in her old age. Define "worthwhile" Joan. I'm spending a day walking with my husband and seeing friends for an amdram performance tonight. I don't know if that lives up to the Bakewell criterion but it does for me, particularly as one of the friends is rather ill.

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

it in ladles the masses get it in coffee spoons. Or probably not.

18. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Sounds alarmingly close to "worthy".

When I go I hope I will feel that I have contributed in a small way to the future of humankind ("small" .. OK??!!), through various routes.

But most of my money is on life being a joke, so enjoy, do ,be, take NOW!

19. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

And it is never too late to change or be bold. A day is a day; a week is a week; and so forth.

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Analogous to the nations wealth perhaps? Some get it in ladles the masses get it in coffee spoons. Or probably not.

Messed up an edit hence the re-write.