1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you do CLL/PSRN/Phonics every day?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by inky, Apr 25, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Presumably part of the CLL is a pretty much non-stop thing in any case, or should be.
    You don't mention songs but I'm assuming you sing them!

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Phonics every day. PSRN 3 sessions a week usually. Same with CLL. Usually linked with other areas of learning. Sometimes PSRN and CLL combine.

3. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

I have 3 CLL sessions and 3 PSRN carpet sessions a week but I also ensure that songs are a big part of the school day and this covers other aspects of CLL/Phonics/PSRN etc.
    My CLL will be cross curricular and often not just assigned to the carpet area unless we are focusing upon a story or its our T4W time.

4. hsz06rgu

hsz06rgu New commenter

Oooo, PSRN 3 times a week. I haven't heard of it being done that way before, so that's really interesting.
    Singing of course is a massive part of our day and I do relate them to what we are doing in PSRN in particular. I'm not sure my head would like it as the whole PSRN 'activity' though and I think I may end up still needing to put these explicitly on the plans.
    Our stories are linked to our topic so we are very cross-curricular. I think this is vital for the FS and I'm trying to encourage KS2 to do the same, as their literacy is seperate to their topic at the moment which is such a shame. But then I want KS2 to have role play areas as well, which hasn't gone down as well!
    Thanks for your answers. We are having an extra reception class next year, so I wanted to get things sorted in my head regarding timetabling to make the transition a little easier. I really want to work as a unit instead of as two classes and I think this will help.

5. hsz06rgu

hsz06rgu New commenter

Oh, just that back, and didn't want you to think I had taken it that you ONLY ever do songs as a part of PSRN! Not what I meant at all!

6. We do a week of CLL leading, then a week of PSRN leading.
    In practise, this means that week 1: Mon, Tues, Wed we will do a main carpet input of Literacy with adult led activities, and a short 10 min PSRN input with no adult led activity. Thurs and Fri will then be the PSRN main carpet focus and adult led activity, with a short input of CLL.
    Then in week 2, Mon, Tues, Wed will be PSRN main focus with CLL short, and Thurs & Fri CLL main focus and PSRN short.
    Hope that makes sense.
    We also teach letters and sounds daily.