1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you charge when tutee cancels?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by jubileebabe, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Hi All
    I am thinking about putting some kind of policy in place as i am also getting fed up of cancelled lessons. I have 7 tutees and am currently doing a masters degree in chemistry which involves working on my research project in the lab from 8.30 until 5.30pm every week day, i also run the sandwich shop at college and manage a team of 30 staff so i really dont have the time for cancelled lessons. As i live in college accomodation i need to travel to the tutees as i only live in 1 room so its a nightmare when you drive 30 minutes to their house and they arent there. Its only 2 of my tutees who i have a problem with really, 1 in particular who i have rearranged my day for twice only to have her cancel just as i am walking out the door to drive to her house!
    I just wanted to know what kind of policy other people have and does it work? Also, i have never charged upfront as i dont want to appear pushy, does anybody find that this puts tutees off or is it necessary?