1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you celebrate Water Saving Week in your school?

Discussion in 'Geography' started by hazel_lewis, Feb 2, 2018.

1. hazel_lewis

hazel_lewis New commenter

I work for NGO Waterwise, who started Water Saving Week four years ago. We have a whole day dedicated to schools, but it's hard to get schools involved it seems.
    Do you celebrate Water Saving Week in your school? If so, what are you doing this year?
    If not, why not, and how can Waterwise make it easier/better for you to get involved?
    Any feedback much appreciated. Reducing our water consumption is so important, and we really want to get the word out to the future generations.

2. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Never heard of it. Sounds like something I might look at with a geography club, but don’t have one at the moment. Is this something I can come back to in the summer term?

3. hazel_lewis

Although the 'official' week is in March, we'd encourage schools to use our resources whenever suits them. We'll be uploading the 2018 resources soon and I'll post on here to let you know when that happens

4. hazel_lewis

Hi all, the website is now up and running.
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] I hope that many of you will also be interested in saving water at home and among your staff too, so take a look at the rest of the site too!