1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you believe?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

[​IMG]

1. Have you ever seen a UFO?
    2. Have you ever experienced a period of missing time?
    3. Have you ever had the suspicion that you've been abducted by aliens?
    4. Have you ever found a metal implant in your body?
    5. Have you checked everywhere?

monicabilongame and kibosh like this.
  2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

yes, and i've got fillings.

3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Yes I do.

This sort of thing happens regularly in our village:
    Police found a Mexican grandad and pensioner, Francisco Acosta Tostada, 68, on the roadside late in the night, delirious and with serious head injuries. He told officers that he crashed his bicycle into the bush after aliens in a UFO chased him from the sky, knocked him off his bicycle, and tried to abduct him.

According to the Mexican Imagen del Golfo, earlier in the month, a local mechanic, Policarpio Carvajal, was driving on the highway near the city of Paso de Ovejas in the Mexican state of Veracruz when he found Tostada lying in the bush on the roadside. He alerted police and emergency services.

Police officers said they found Tostada by the highway with a deep, bloody gash on the side of his head and his shirt blood-soaked. He looked confused and disoriented — “out of his mind” — when he told officers that he was riding late in the night on his bicycle along the highway when a UFO descended from out of the sky and ran him over.

According to Tostada, “aliens in the craft were trying to kidnap” him. But he was able to avoid the aliens after crashinghis bicycle into the bush.

Police said they looked and found no evidence of a UFO or aliens in the vicinity. Investigators suggested that he might have been attacked by coyotes. But locals said his head injuries did not look like they were caused by coyotes or other known wild animals in the area.

The aliens seem to wait for people on their way home from the pub. Easy pickings I guess. Still, I'm going to risk it shortly...

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

No... too much Carl Sagan recently.

5. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

6. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

1. No
    2. Regularly - I think it's alcohol related though.
    3. No.
    4. Yes, they're called fillings - if you pay extra on the NHS, you can get white fillings now. [@emilystrange, got there first :)]
    5. No, I think the NHS nurse who did the smear test a few weeks ago was human.

However, that said - I do think that we are not alone; there are aspects of Mulder and Scully that seem believable, especially where the government is concerned (I refer to the US government, but am aware of some conspiracy theories over here, too).....:eek:

7. sabrinakat

on holiday this week? or is there a little part of the UK that is actually in Mexico....
    ps. do they call it the pub in Meheeco?

8. Vince_Ulam

Dental fillings don't qualify as found, people, unless they are found to be some kind of incredibly compact electronic device for the purposes of surveillance and tracking. FM-reception does not imply this.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I have been a UFO on more than once occasion. Does this count?

10. Vince_Ulam

Not now, obviously.

kibosh likes this.
  11. Vince_Ulam

lanokia likes this.
  12. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

i experienced missing time this afternoon. It was a bright sunny day when I sat down on the sofa and then - but a moment later - it had got dark, was blizzarding and I was mysteriously lying down.

I can't think what happened.

13. Vince_Ulam

Snow hypnosis.

[​IMG]

sabrinakat likes this.
  14. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I get that driving sometimes. I think it's worse than the snow on the road for causing problems - all sense of depth and direction just goes.

15. sabrinakat

Sometimes, I get confused walking down the stairs - they have those sparkly bits too....

[​IMG]

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  16. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

No
    It's all bow locks and I couldn't fully respect anyone who does.

17. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I do believe they exist.

In fact I know they exist.

I've seen loads of unidentified flying objects, no end of unidentified floating objects and lots of unidentified land-travelling objects.

But I soon work them out and identify them once I get a clearer look.

They exist all over the place.

Sometimes I don't get the chance to see them close up so they remain unidentified to me.

18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Yep. A knee replacement.

19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

You'll be telling us there are smart blondes next...

racroesus likes this.
  20. Vince_Ulam

Cf.