1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do you always have to be right...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by needabreak, Aug 5, 2020.

1. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Wilshaw would have approved most wholeheartedly.

Sally006 likes this.
  2. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

A lot of argung has been caused not by simply differing opinions but rather opinions (and suggestions) misre/presented as facts.

For example 50 million a day lets fund our NHS instead.
    [​IMG]

and, of course, 'unelectable' to describe an MP who has been repeatedly elected and reelected since 1983.

3. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

[QUOTE="Doitforfree, I nicely say that perhaps X part were singing a wrong note in a certain bar. /QUOTE]

When I tried that with the altos in my chamber choir the chief culprit (now long gone) informed me loftily that SHE did not make mistakes. These days we trust each other and I'm more likely to say 'You sang a bum note there, Paddy'.

4. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

I am always wrong. Even when I'm right, I'm wrong. I was right once but that was in school and I was the teacher.

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Good colonial overlord attitude there.

6. Mainwaring

I'd be eager to hear any choir conducted by a committee.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It was the 'Paddy' singing the bum note, not a Hugo or a Fotheringale (depending on school).

8. Mainwaring

Paddy is Patricia and if she has an Irish connection I know nowt about it. I wouldn't like to enquire as to her age but I know she left school slightly early than I did. We often swap musical quotations, one of her faves being 'Never sing louder than lovely'. Labels can be misleading. Two of my former pupils, Piers and Lavinia Cholmondeley-Featherstonhaugh, were Central American.

I looked up the origin of the Paddy quote and it appears that it was by one P. Sellers extracting the ethnic Michael. Any complaints may be addressed to Golders Green Crematorium. However I wish to apologise unreservedly for his levity and mine.