1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do we still get paid our TLR during maternity leave at the reduced rate?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by sabby81, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sabby81

sabby81 New commenter

I have a TLR 1 and will have taken 2 weeks maternity pay as of tomorrow. Just seen my payslip. I should be on the 2 of 4 weeks at full pay yet my TLR which is usually 700approx per month is showing as 400approx???

2. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

I have absolutely no idea how they're working out my pay, but it doesjn't seem logical and i have no idea what to expect next month!

3. sabby81

sabby81 New commenter

Thanks Naomi. Im thinking the same thing to be honest. I never received anything from school about my maternity, expected date of return etc. Not sure if I'm even going to return anymore-so glad to be out of there...well maybe until the cash runs out!

4. ellbee

ellbee New commenter

I would have thought that when it says "full salary" then "90%" salary etc your TLR would be counted at the full value?
    I got a letter a few weeks after handing in my MATB1 form thing from the county council telling me about pay entitlements etc, it doesn't say "your TLR will be slashed in half" though!
    Give payroll a ring and ask?

5. It will depend on how long you have had the TLR as maternity pay is based on the average earnings in a certain number of weeks before EWC. If this isn't in doubt then you should receive full pay, 90% pay and half pay (if you opted for OMP) based on your full salary which included the TLR.

6. sabby81

sabby81 New commenter

Thank you for all your responses. Had the TLR for years. Have contacted my school-that's exactly what I would have thought-4 weeks full TLR; 2 weeks at 90% etc. My school is an academy who does it's own payroll so don't really want to mention the TLR situation outright as it'll probably only give them ideas!!! I'll see what they come back with.... Thanks again though :)

7. I was just wondering how you got on - I'm in a similar position and have just noticed that my pay has gone down, not up (which is odd as I've just gone onto UPS1). Were you still entitled to your TLR whilst on maternity leave?