1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do we have to pay for tes-iboard now?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 25, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm not impressed with paying out for the bits, what happened to free?

2. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

It was free last week when I used it. Maybe some content is free. Is the £11.99 per year? If so I will add it to the school ICT budget.

3. They have changed the format but the games are still free. I believe it is some form of planning etc that is available at a cost. Mind you in changing the format it is now much harder to find appropriate activities for one year group as they seem to have grouped all the FS, Year 1 and Year 2 things together. In the past it was nice and clear as it was all divided up.
    I had lovely internet links to some great phonics, word, sentence and story making activities for my class to access in groups through our learning platform during the guided reading carousel and now none of the links work! I had to delete and create all the links again when I eventually found the activities on the new format.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I can't access the division games without being asked to pay...

5. That's odd. I went on the division and multp as inverse game yesterday and it was free. Just searched and it looks some are and some aren't now. It looks like they have added new ones that you have to pay for. Rather annoying, especially as it was great as it was before they started fiddling!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps it was. One of my favourite and best loved sites, especially for maths.

I can't get the division of frogs onto lily pads game today, but did last week.

7. TESiboard

TESiboard New commenter TES Authors' forum host Jobseekers' Forum Host

Hi all, thanks for your comments. There is another thread on this at https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/569286.aspx
    but I have copied across my answer to the similar questions/comments on that thread.
    "The Activity finder section is broadly similar to old iboard but as has been pointed out on the thread, some of the activities are now only available if you go for the paid "TES iboard+" service.
    We are aiming to keep a large quantity of free materials but to move the site forwards we have had to start charging for some of the activities and features. To reassure, we haven't just placed a charge over old content! We have been working day and night for the last four months to build new content as well as what I think is a fabulous new site, that will go far beyond the old one (which was beginning to restrict us).
    All development is costly and we have been lucky that TES have underpinned that for several years. I am also grateful that they have been able to make the new sections so cheap. We hope that the fairly minimal price won't put anyone off. I would (of course) advise everyone to take a free trial and to give the new organisation a chance. Changing a site is always difficult as old users have to accomodate a new style - its a bit like when a supermarket shuffles its shelves.
    Steve Rawlins, TESiboard Content Manager"

8. TESiboard

TESiboard New commenter TES Authors' forum host Jobseekers' Forum Host

Last night we made some changes, based on user feedback.
    http://www.iboard.co.uk/news/news-2nd-May
    We hope to continue to improve the service and we will continue to make changes so please keep commenting. We are listening.
    We have had thousands of people sign-up and most are finding the new features and content well worth the 99p per month. I'm sorry we couldn't maintain it as a completely free site but I do know that we are building a brilliant service. Good as it was, we couldn't continue moving iboard forward without introducing this small charge for some of the features.
    Steve Rawlins
    see also thread https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/569286.aspx