1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do Umbrella Company free agencies exist?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by tomlloyd, Sep 10, 2019.

1. tomlloyd

tomlloyd New commenter

I have just began searching for agencies in order to find day to day primary teacher supply work (London).

After having read up on the best way to go about it, it is clear that being paid through an umbrella company is not ideal due to all the extra fees they charge.

A google search only seems to show me many articles warning against umbrella companies but no advice how to avoid them other than to ask the agency.

However, every agency I have contacted (8 so far) has insisted that they only pay through umbrella companies.

Does anyone know of a teaching agency that will pay me directly. Do they even exist?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Some will give you a choice. I'll pm you with the name of the agency I use. They do PAYE etc

tomlloyd likes this.
  3. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Vision for Education. As they are owned by TES I think I can post their name.

tomlloyd likes this.
  4. alpine273

alpine273 New commenter

There should not be any hidden fees if you are PAYE through an Umbrella company.

5. muddyjudiff

muddyjudiff New commenter

I just had to provide all the same documentation for the umbrella company that I did for the agency. As well as uploading all my documents, they also needed a video of me from my laptop and a recording of my voice! :( Bit scary. Hope they're looking after all of that data. :eek:

6. tomlloyd

tomlloyd New commenter

They are not hidden, but they do take a cut of your wage each week.