1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do the mice actually play when the cats are away?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Jun 22, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

My wife is out in Switzerland at the moment visiting a daughter and grandchildren, so in addition to doing the little I usually do, I've been lumbered with her chores as well.
    My old secretary rang me before my wife had fixed a date to travel to say she intended to invite herself over this week for a meal and to catch up with us. If she does, it would, of course, be the ideal opportunity to get to know her even better than I do, but frankly, all this housework is wearing me out. I've still got the grass to cut as well if we ever get a dry day.
    It seems to me there is no need at all for the "be good while I'm away" comments people make before they leave. It's hard work not to.

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

A sure sign of getting older, when even temptation is hard work and a bit of a bother.

3. Could the secretary be persuaded to run the mower over the lawn for you?

4. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Perhaps she could wring out his damp dishcloth?

5. Is that prison speak for something rude?

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Certainly not. I merely suggested she may not fancy getting out Modelmaker's mower.

7. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

She might love gardening. Her bush might be in good order.

Oh dear. Time to go home.