1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do personality factors influence job satisfaction in teachers?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by southall_chloe, Feb 24, 2020.

1. southall_chloe

southall_chloe New commenter

Hi everyone!
    I am currently studying for a MSc in Occupational Psychology at the University of Worcester. I would be very grateful if any qualified teachers could complete this survey for my dissertation research project.

I am investigating whether personality factors can be predictive of job satisfaction in teachers to help identify why there is a teacher-retention crisis happening in the UK and whether it is occurring due to a lack of job satisfaction.
    All information provided will be strictly confidential.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Please follow this link below to complete the survey it will only take a few minutes to complete:

https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/0eb1d4d

2. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Obviously personality affects whether you want to teach. And obviously no amount of personality will help you avoid burnout if basically treated as slave labour for long enough

3. Corvuscorax

some of your questions don't make sense. How can I judge how well a job keeps me busy all the time, if I don't want it to keep me busy all the time? Or how well it gives me standing in the community if I don't want "standing in the community"? There are other questions that don't make sense too

4. southall_chloe

Thank you for your response! Research has suggested individuals with certain personality traits are more likely to experience higher levels of job satisfaction in high strain jobs despite issues such as burnout due to their ability to cope with the pressure teachers endure! That's what i am trying to look at in my research!

5. southall_chloe

Well if you dont want it to keep you busy all the time then this would probably indicate a lack of satisfaction in that area. Appreciate the feedback though thank you

6. Corvuscorax

Why would it? YOu can love the job but find the workload too much, and want less.

7. Corvuscorax

This is wrong, nobody has the ability to "cope" with intolerable pressure, and it is wrong to apply that anyone does. It is this mindset that leads to break downs ad suicides. The implication that it is somehow a personal failing if you can't "cope" with the intolerable

8. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Done. Good luck.

9. southall_chloe

Thank you appreciate the help :)

sparklepig2002 likes this.