1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do not know what to do for my teacher training interview lesson?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jasminelj1995, Nov 8, 2016.

1. jasminelj1995

jasminelj1995 New commenter

I have a teacher training interview for a SCITT which has to include a teaching activity with a group on year 1 students? I do not know how many there will be, what the subject will be, or if I have rescources? All I know is that they will be from year 1 and I will have 30 minutes time of planning when I am there, so I guess they will tell me when I am there. I am stressing out in case it is not good enough.

Does anyone have any basic ideas that I could go in with to try and use?
    Thank you.

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Look at the curriculum for Y1 to get a vague idea of the knowledge they need to start learning in that year group, that way you will ensure you don't pitch your lesson too high.

They know you're applying to be a trainee, so they won't be expecting something amazing. They will, however, be looking to see you have thought through your lesson, i.e. you have a learning objective, something the students should be able to do by the end of the lesson.

Brainstorm some of the activities you've seen during time in primaries for inspiration.