1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do not have GCSE Maths but an equivalent qualification

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by qmaq26, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Hello hope someone can help me with my query. I am going to apply for PGCE in PE this year. I am unsure if I will be accepted as I do not have GCSE maths. I have an OCN Maths qualification which is equivalent to a C at GCSE level. I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation or has been accepted with an equivalent maths qualification. I have read up somewhere that most universities accept the qualification but wanted to hear it from someone who may know more info. Thanks

2. Hello hope someone can help me with my query. I am going to apply for PGCE in PE this year. I am unsure if I will be accepted as I do not have GCSE maths. I have an OCN Maths qualification which is equivalent to a C at GCSE level. I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation or has been accepted with an equivalent maths qualification. I have read up somewhere that most universities accept the qualification but wanted to hear it from someone who may know more info. Thanks

3. Call or write to the admissions dept's at a few training providers. This will be a 100% accurate answer.