1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, May 13, 2011.

1. I am currently a NQT on a maternity cover which was scheduled to last until November.
    The headteacher of my school is an executive head at my school (a satisfactory school with a difficult class) and a head of an outstanding school.She told me on Thursday to look on the council website as a job at her outstanding school has come up for 12 months with a few to becoming permenant.
    the job is meant to start in september, so it would mean me cancelling my contract in my maternity cover.
    And I would loose my pay over summer if I were lucky enough to get the job.

so should I apply for it?
    and who do I put my reference as? Surely I cannot put the head if she is head over both schools?

Miss H

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You would resign in the normal way and so make your resignation effective from the 31st August. Then your new job starts on the 1st Sept.

Definitely apply, imo! Working in an outstanding school is hard work, but a fantastic experience and great early in your career. And you will have a secure job until next July, and possibly beyond, instead of November.

Yes you can put your current HT and in fact should do so. The fact you will be a sort of internal candidate is no problem at all. Just make sure you don't assume she knows anything. Apply as if you had never met her before.

Very Best of Luck!