1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I want one of these?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by yapyap, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ok - tried to link to a piccy of a sweet and cooing baby...

Well, everyone else is!

Have a suspicion I may have some elements of broodiness going on here. Talk me out of it please!!

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

no no no.they are smelly , the pass wind, the burp and be sick, they stay awake when your tired and they cost alot of money ...and when they grow up they stil cost you a lot of money....will thats sort of hhelp? lol

3. Fabulous boys!!
    Curiously the puking and the generalised emissions of baby goo seem to be having the best effect...

4. chicabonita

chicabonita New commenter

Are you ready for your entire life to be turned upside down, completely changed and to never have peace of mind again? It's a world of guilt, sorrow, hurt, panic, worry, exhaustion and abstinence.

It is also wonderful in ways I can't even describe (linguistic ability also seems to decrease with parenthood, as well as putting a successful sentence together), but I know I'm lucky: not everyone finds that the good outweighs the bad.

5. Read the following words:

Vaginal varicose veins.

6. You star Bauble - that's done it! Also done my diet no end of good, I was hungry a minute ago - it's passed!
    Although there is still a tiny bit of me thinking...'that's nothing a couple of baby wipes won't fix', if only we had smellonet...

7. And try to imagine the splashback from your 'morning' sickness splattering into your still open mouth as you're retching over the toilet.
    Oh, and then still having to go into work because pregnancy's not an illness...

8. That helped Coffeekid! As did the lovely bottom image (also helped with diet - was hungry, not now) I feel like I already live in that world, don't know how much worse it could be. Not really sure how much I want to find out! Don't suspect I'd be very good at it! Think it might just be spring...

9. Yeah, I remember that bit from some previous experience, that grims me out worse than the whole labour idea!

10. oldsomeman

read the words...grumpy hubbys when they cant have their oats lol..or its their turn to change the nappy....god did our babies have shi ty ones and with proper napies lol....guess who go tthe job to change them!
    think pollution of world dispoing of disposables,,,,think jammy faces and food on your wall, think all the reading to them and the taxi service,all the money to go out on trips of holidays
    All the question and the 'Are we there' yet whine incessently down your ears as you are driving.
    The interuppted nights, the sleepless ones of wory, the emergancy runs to hospital when they are ill.
    are we succeeding?.

11. Certainly getting there...Especially since I know I don't particularly hold with disposables, but that I don't even like cleaning a clean loo...
    I don't mind Jam on aces, but I can see mysel getting upset by weetabix, food on the wall is nay bother and I'm looking forward to the reading bits, is one of the main plus points!

12. And remember, it's not so much a baby, more a teenager-in-waiting [​IMG]
    Which reminds me, it doesn't get easier, just different. (Different smell, for one thing[!] but also just as much worry, with a bit more frustration; with babies/toddlers, at least you can usually fix what's hurting ... )

13. oldsomeman

wel if yo have ever used terry nappies you wil be aquinted with nappysan.....all the dirty wee and cr ap nappies put n a bucket til the morning.then water emptied away and the soggy mess put into your machine...lol..it used to be my job every morning to do that.and i can stlll remember the smell some 29 years later lol!

14. oldsomeman

did i also tell you abaout the snotty noses, the fevers, the fights of siblings, the crayon on walls and the constand whiine if one couldnt get its own way?

15. ~But I don't mind teenagers particularly (although I may feel differently when they are mine). Tis one of my little oddnesses - tis babies and toddlers that give me the frights...
    Hmmm....well, I guess it might put me off an overly large brekkie - or I could deploy my old fella for nappy cleaning duty!

16. ah now, snotty n oses, that's pretty gross, and whining, ooh I hate whining....

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Is it working?