1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I need to fill in the Threshold form?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by meda103, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Hi, I am applying to go through the Threshold in September and I understand that you no longer need to fill in an application form as performance management is used. However, my Head has told us we need to fill in the old application form that was being used previously. Do I have to do this? Is this down to the school as to whether they say you need to do this application? Or is it worth asking my union about it?
    Many thanks!

2. Hi, I am applying to go through the Threshold in September and I understand that you no longer need to fill in an application form as performance management is used. However, my Head has told us we need to fill in the old application form that was being used previously. Do I have to do this? Is this down to the school as to whether they say you need to do this application? Or is it worth asking my union about it?
    Many thanks!

3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter Forum guide

You do have to apply for UPS. Your school may have their own form or want you to use the one which used to be on Teachernet. The application form should be a straightforward one covering your basic details eg name, teacher ref no etc. It should not ask you to provide evidence regarding the standards and so on.

4. It is the full form with all the sections! I think I will give my union a ring.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Take a look at para 20.7 of Section 2 STPCD 2010 for full details of what an application must contain. No mention of schools making up their own forms.

6. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

I would simply apply using the new (simple) form or by letter. One advantage of using the new form is that it shows clearly that you know what needs to be done, and what the school has to do. This should make it hard for your Head to argue.
    To avoid problems, I would look at your PM reviews to make sure that they give the right evidence. If you are in doubt and your 2010-11 review is not done, you can get any missing bits in that and apply afterwards (by 31st October, I think).
    It is about time that something was done about Heads who try to make Threshold harder than it should be.

7. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The old Threshold form is only for use by teachers like me who are not on a contract. It's been officially abolished for contract teachers.