1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I need sick note for the half term holiday?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Lohman, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant and have been off sick all week as I collapsed at weekend and had to go to hospital. All OK I think - low blood pressure and dehydration - but have felt really lousy all week and lightheaded - scared it may happen again and don't want to be in front of a class! Have suffered badly with morning sickness but have coped until this week. Anyway to cut a long story short I have been to the doctors and he has signed me off sick for next week. I didn't even think about half term being the week after. The sick note (fit note) goes until unday 20th Feb. Will I need to get another note for half term or can I say to school that I was fit to return on 21st - but unfortunately it was a holiday?
    Thanks in advance.

2. You might need toget a "fit note" from your GP to prove that you would have been at work had it not been a holiday. Even if school don't request one, it might be worth getting anyway just in case....