1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Do I need a post-grad qualification?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by chrissyCC, Oct 20, 2011.

  1. Hello
    I am head of department at a foreign university but have no formal teaching qualification. I have a staff of around 30 teachers. Prior to this, I taught ESL for 7 years in companies.
    If I return to the UK, would I need a post-grad teaching diploma or would my experience be sufficient if I wanted to head up a department? I have been looking at MA's in Education and wonder if it would be even necessary?
    Also, ain general, are bursaries provided for post-grad courses?
    Any advice gratefully received.

  2. henriette

    henriette New commenter

    what would you be looking to do and in what setting?
  3. Crowbob

    Crowbob Lead commenter

    No, you wouldn't necessarily need this...

Share This Page