1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I move up a payscale?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Swils1009, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I was just wondering if I will move up a payscale in Sept.
    I started working at my current school last Sept as a part-time teacher, this then changed to full time in January so I have worked for the whole year but half of this was as a part-time teacher. Does this matter?
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    X

2. Hi,
    I was just wondering if I will move up a payscale in Sept.
    I started working at my current school last Sept as a part-time teacher, this then changed to full time in January so I have worked for the whole year but half of this was as a part-time teacher. Does this matter?
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    X

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, you're fine. Up the scale you go! [​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. coppull

coppull New commenter

The pay scales are at the top of this Forum,so you can check,what will be receiving at the start of the new Academic Year.[​IMG]

5. Yey, thought so just wanted to check! Thanx for the quick replies X

6. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Hi I have a similar question. I left my last school at Xmas (full time) then started at a new school in Feb, part time. I have been offered full time for September but will I go up to the next point? Thanks inadvance :(

7. coppull

coppull New commenter

Yes,assuming the information you have given the Forum is correct . Again check out your salary by using the Pay Tables at the start of this Forum.

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Assuming that you were employed by the school/LA and not an agency, you will have been employed in at least 26 weeks of the recently completed school year an d will move to the next point on the payscale in September.
    If your new job is with a different LA, you should prompt them (get it sorted now or in early September) and arrange for the old LA to up-date them on your contracted service in 2010-2011