1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

DO I INCLUDE A PRETTY MUGSHOT OF MYSELF ON CV???

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Miss_Qatar, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    Currently working on my CV for a teaching post in the ME. Do I include a photo? A couple people I have spoken to said that a photo is required on your CV when applying for teaching jobs overseas, is that right?
    Miss Q

2. I would say so. Most intl schools in the ME that I have applied to have stipulated a CV with a photo. If the post you're applying for doesn't, then I would say including one anyway would show that you know how to compose a CV tailored to what they really want! In the end I went for a smiley 'non-passport' style photo, that was not too informal.

Oh and there is always photoshop ;0

3. Thanks daybreak07 :) They haven't specified that a photo is to be included but if that's what they generally require then looks like i better get snapping then..say cheeeeeeese...as i don't think a photo of me half trollied off my head would bode well, ahem [​IMG]

4. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

The one I sent was from a night out, well composed anyway and then cropped to exclude all evidence. I was looking quite smart in it and you couldn't tell. It was the only decent picture of me. [​IMG]