1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do I have SAD or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I am always finding I'm very negative, p!seed off, easily wound up and just generally blah in this half term. I can see good things for what they are, but it doesnt stop me from being dissatisfied with most things and like I'm not good enough for all manner of things, not just personally, but professionally also.

This last week has been a prime example and I have just forced myself to stop, think and be the better person and apologise for an over reaction I made earlier today before I exploded and let rip with all the fed upness I have in me coming out and wrecking my life a bit more! ( okay, so a bit dramatic...)

Does anyone else get like this?

2. Oh yes, but mines not SAD. It's the PMT bubble about to burst.

3. I've just been ill all the time from November onwards. I don't have a window in my office, just an extractor fan ([​IMG]) and often don't see daylight from one weekend to the next. I'm convinced that has something to do with it. Not that I was much better over Christmas.
    Have you discussed it with your GP? Some of them don't believe SAD exists except in very extreme cases.

4. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I always feel constanrly hacked off and on edge this time of year. I don't think its as bad as some people feel, but I struggle to get out of bed, have no get up and go and any glimpse of a social life goes out of the window till after Feb half term.

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I find the dark evenings crappy, but I get listless, not angry.

6. I don't mind the dark evenings so much - fire lit, books to read, cosy - it's the grey damp days that bring me down.

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Also feeling blue. This time of the year is hard work, dark in the mornings, need the lights on all day. Damp. No money... Today is meant to be the most depressing day of the year... Have you got something to look forward to? I find that helps a bit.
    x

8. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

I go for a walk on Sunday mornings - it really helps to get some light as the rest of the week am indoors at school. Also get some exercise - I swim and do yoga. Force yourself to phone up old friends or have people round - a good laugh with people you like is crucial.[​IMG]