1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do home school children count in SATs figures?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Cervinia, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

As per title.

Supposing said child leaves next week.

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I wouldn't have thought so, because they won't be in school during SATS.

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Have they been deregistered? If they have been entered then I would have thought they will be marked as absent and would probably count, not sure just my thoughts.

4. abacus1982

abacus1982 Occasional commenter

I am pretty sure that if the child leaves next week and is removed from roll they will not count. They will not count if they are removed from roll right up to SATS. Just like a child would not count if they moved school on the Friday before SATS to another school.

Stiltskin likes this.
  5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

One they're off roll, I'm sure they won't count. Not sure how long it takes for a child to be removed from the roll. As other posters have said, you would also need to deregister the child from SATS.

6. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

If they are being home-schooled but they are still on your roll, you have a legal issue (unless school is providing the education in the child's home).

If they are not on your roll, they don't exist as far as you're concerned.

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I think that, if they leave after being registered for SATS but do not sit the tests as they are then being home educated and are off your roll, they will appear in the initial results analysis but will be removed from the verified results.

8. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

If they’re not on your roll, then they won’t count.