1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do heads think we are mugs?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by marymoocow, May 5, 2011.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Is it me or are there more and more jobs out there for foundation leaders and FS/KS1 leaders without a TLR? There are loads around me, one of which I went for. After being put through a ridiculous interview day more appropriate for a headship and realising they wanted blood, I withdrew. One other even had a 2 day interview process. Funny how you rarely see a KS2 leaders job advertised without a TLR. I know the money for a TLR is hardly worth the paper it is written on, but it is the principle. These are not small schools either and do have other phase leaders on TLRs.

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Is it me or are there more and more jobs out there for foundation leaders and FS/KS1 leaders without a TLR? There are loads around me, one of which I went for. After being put through a ridiculous interview day more appropriate for a headship and realising they wanted blood, I withdrew. One other even had a 2 day interview process. Funny how you rarely see a KS2 leaders job advertised without a TLR. I know the money for a TLR is hardly worth the paper it is written on, but it is the principle. These are not small schools either and do have other phase leaders on TLRs.