1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dizzy for a split second many times a day-is it stress?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jonowen, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

This is difficult to describe but recently I have felt a panic/dizzines for a split second while someone is talking to me and I blink hard and tell myself to get a grip, breathe more deeply and it passes, then a few seconds later it happens again. It also happens when I'm driving and I panic that I may suddenly go blind. I think I'm having little panic attacks as I am very stressed just now. I have never experienced a full blown panic attack so don't really know if I'm right. Last night in bed I had was just about to drop off when I "jumped" (startled) and felt a sudden relief that I wasn't dead - I don't know where this thought came from. Please say this is just stress and will go away once I'm not so busy.

2. I am having the EXACT same thing happening to me at the moment. I'm not a fainty type person but am finding I'm having dizzy spells and blurred vision for a split second. In the end I went to docs and it was stress related (anxiety) for me. My other symptom was queasiness in the mornings - no not morning sickness as everyone keeps joking, but prob related to arrival at work in mornings = feeling sick! Maybe see your GP?

3. I feel faint sometimes and its due to low blood pressure. It could also be due to anaemia.
    As the previous person says, it would be a good idea to go to your GP and get it checked out.

4. I've been getting the same symptoms for about a month. Went to my GP who did a load of blood tests etc but, apart from an on-going medical problem I have, nothing showed up. She said that the symptoms were completely in line with depression and anxiety and that they would go eventually.
    So, don't ignore it because it could be a sign of any stress/anxiety/depression worsening. I ignored it for far too long and now I'm a complete mess [​IMG]. Best advice I've had is to look after myself - I pass that advice along to you.

5. Not sure about the dizziness but I get that jumping thing quite often as I drift off - I think it is quite common. The thought about not being dead probably relates to your stress

6. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thnak you all for the replies, so pleased that you didn't think I was mad! I do have low blood pressure too - hadn't thought of that, and I feel queasy at times (not pregnant!!). Think I'll see my GP and try to stop the worrying before Christmas.
    [​IMG]