1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Division with Remainders Activities and Lesson Plans?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anuthiruselvam, May 24, 2012.

1. I have been searching the internet for hours, registered on various sites, yet cannot find what I'm looking for.
    Does anyone have ideas/ resources for KS2 maths lesson on Division with Remainders??
    I'm looking for fun, interactive activities as well as interesting differentiated lesson plans.
    Can anyone help? Please!
    THANKS
    [​IMG]

2. I have been searching the internet for hours, registered on various sites, yet cannot find what I'm looking for.
    Does anyone have ideas/ resources for KS2 maths lesson on Division with Remainders??
    I'm looking for fun, interactive activities as well as interesting differentiated lesson plans.
    Can anyone help? Please!
    THANKS
    [​IMG]

3. Trawling the net for hours? If you know what you want why don't you just make it?

4. Martin87

Martin87 New commenter

Why don't you have a go at planning yourself? Searching for lessons plans on the internet usually doesn't work because your class/children will be different from everybody else's. Just have a think about the types of activities suit your class and go with that.
    Division with remainders is generally used with numberlines. You could draw a big number line on the playground with chalk and get the children to draw/jump the hops themselves.
    Don't let 'FUN' detract from learning however. I would much rather have the children sat down learning than do something which is, in their eyes, 'fun.'

5. If you find a website with fun, engaging, interactive, differentiated, lesson plans personalised to your class and your way of teaching and all for free please let me know about it as it will save me loads of time writing these out myself.
    many thanks!

6. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

Took me two reads to pick up on the sarcasm, at first I thought you were quite worryingly serious!

7. Ha ha Vanadesse - If it existed the creator would be a millionaire a million times over!!
    http://bit.ly/HxpVIm is a great place for ideas - these are units I have used and like to share - but none about dividing sorry!!