1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by _danniholt, Apr 10, 2017.

1. _danniholt

_danniholt New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in my third year and need some primary teachers to answer some questions for my dissertation.

The title of my dissertation is "Primary school teachers confidence in teaching PE".

If anyone can help me by answering some questions that would be great.

Kind regards.

2. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

What are the questions?:)

3. _danniholt

_danniholt New commenter

The questions are just a guideline for me. I'd like to ask them and have a few more of them answered in a lot more detail. If you would be willing to answer them it would be easier over message?

4. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

You are missing an apostrophe in your dissertation title.

5. _danniholt

_danniholt New commenter

It's correct in my dissertation, just missed it from here. Thank you though :)

6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

No, it would be easier for you to create a survey on Survey Monkey or the like and post a link here.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. _danniholt

_danniholt New commenter

The reason I am doing it this way is to get a more in-depth understanding of each answer. Kind of like a semi-structured interview. It's the way that I said I was going to do it in my ethics proposal.

8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Maybe have a look at this thread to see the kind of answers you might get if you posted questions here.

An interview with any of us would need to have a vague time likelihood and how you would ensure answers are anonymous and that kind of thing.

What you wrote in your proposal doesn't have to be what happens in reality. It is perfectly acceptable to write later than you changed the method because teachers are very busy and didn't have the time to give to an in depth interview. (And that many don't have in depth ideas about PE teaching!)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Problem with this approach is getting enough answers to provide significant results. Most teachers are busy and don't want to spend ages working out long, involved answers.