1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation! Stuggling to form a decent research question.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jackelberryhound, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Please help, I'm a second year trainee who is in the process of forming a research question for an assignment with a view to using this for my dissertation next year. I have a four week practice coming up this year in a special school and will then have my final block next year in a mainstream school. I am thinking of something along the lines of 'What impact does the educational setting have on the participation of children with SEN' but I don't want the respective schools that I will be in to think that I am comparing/judging.
    Any help/advice would be gratefully received!

2. Hi,
    Please help, I'm a second year trainee who is in the process of forming a research question for an assignment with a view to using this for my dissertation next year. I have a four week practice coming up this year in a special school and will then have my final block next year in a mainstream school. I am thinking of something along the lines of 'What impact does the educational setting have on the participation of children with SEN' but I don't want the respective schools that I will be in to think that I am comparing/judging.
    Any help/advice would be gratefully received!

3. Anything around inclusion, differentiation and SEN/ EAL impact is always good. Your host school doesn't need access to your findings.

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I think that you will need a more focused research question. What you suggest is very broad indeed...