1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation research

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by amyboyd9762, Jan 3, 2020.

1. amyboyd9762

amyboyd9762 New commenter

Hello!
    I am looking for an academic perspective answering 6 questions over email as part of my dissertation research! This will take about 20 minutes of your time. The topic is all about 80's nostalgia.
    Looking for an academic perspective on the differences between 1980's and the 21st century.
    the questions are as follows:
    1.) As a teacher, What significant events do you know of that happened in the 80’s? Do you feel the 80's era shaped modern society and changed mindsets for the better or worse?
    2.) Do you see any similarities between the 80’s and now? In Music, TV & Film & Lifestyle?
    3.) As a teacher, did you incorporate many elements of the 80’s era within tv/film/magazine as examples for students learning? How did the students typically respond to it?
    4.) Do you think the 80’s era will stay relevant in media forever?
    5.) Is there any 80’s influence you would say shaped you into who you are today?
    6.) As an academic what is your view on 80’s culture and the way in which it has paved the way for the 21st century? Do you see similarities between then and now?

get in touch with me if you'd like to be part of the research here: amy3.boyd@northumbria.ac.uk

thank you!