1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation Research

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by sophielouise17, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Hello,
    I am a third year undergraduate student studying Education. For my dissertation I am undertaking a research project looking into the roles of teaching assistants within a Primary school setting, and how these roles have changed since the implementation of the Workforce Reform agenda. I am interested in finding out how teaching assistants view their own roles, responsibilities and status in the classroom, and how these are viewed by other members of staff. I am interested in hearing from head teachers as well as teachers and TAs, and have devised a seperate questionnaire for head teachers. I'd love to hear your views on and experiences of dealing with TAs from management level, and their increasingly diverse role in todays schools.
    I'm really struggling to get into schools this close to Christmas, so would really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete this questionnaire. It will take no longer than ten minutes to complete, is completely annoymous and will not be published or viewed by anyone other than myself and my lecturers. Please pass the link on to any other teachers you know.
    Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.
    Thank you!
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WDPPZT3

2. Hello,
    I am a third year undergraduate student studying Education. For my dissertation I am undertaking a research project looking into the roles of teaching assistants within a Primary school setting, and how these roles have changed since the implementation of the Workforce Reform agenda. I am interested in finding out how teaching assistants view their own roles, responsibilities and status in the classroom, and how these are viewed by other members of staff. I am interested in hearing from head teachers as well as teachers and TAs, and have devised a seperate questionnaire for head teachers. I'd love to hear your views on and experiences of dealing with TAs from management level, and their increasingly diverse role in todays schools.
    I'm really struggling to get into schools this close to Christmas, so would really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete this questionnaire. It will take no longer than ten minutes to complete, is completely annoymous and will not be published or viewed by anyone other than myself and my lecturers. Please pass the link on to any other teachers you know.
    Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.
    Thank you!
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WDPPZT3

3. Hi
    I was just wondering if any headteachers got back to you regarding this survey? I am currently organising some professional research into school improvement and it would be very appreciated if you could pass on details to anyone who took part as I'm hoping to schedulein some telephone interviews next week.
    Kind regards
    Ian

Ian Crawford
    </font>[/b]<font size="2">Research Executive
    </font>

Taylor McKenzie Research & Marketing Ltd
    107 Douglas Street,
    Glasgow, G2 4EZ.
    www.taylormckenzieuk.com
    t:0141 221 8030
    f:0141 221 2552
    e:ian@taylormckenzieuk.com

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

Didn't you notice Ian that Sophie said that respondents to her survey would be "completely anonymous"? There's a little matter of research ethics here.