1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation research project ideas.. Help please! :) xx

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 0806689, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hi all, :)

I am at university and I am really struggling with finding something to base my dissertation on.
    My main interest is in creativity in the classroom but I am struggling to narrow this down further into something which would be good base for a research project.

My general ideas so far are are based on the following:

Creative curriculum vs Formal curriculum
    Impact of interactive displays on children's learning
    Thematic planning
    Learning through play

These are things I have a particular interest in, in particular the 'interactive displays' idea. I am just struggling with what research could be done in this particular area.

If anyone has any ideas on a research project I could do linked to creativity.. or if you think there could be interesting research done into my ideas then any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :) xx

2. Could your title not just be "What impact do interactive displays have on children's learning?", you could then do teacher questionnaires, interview pupils, do classroom observations of their use, etc. It doesnt have to be a research question that has never been done before

3. Thats sounds great and is something I would be happy to do. I'm just wondering whether that is too broad an area to base it on.

Would it be better breaking it down.
    Eg. The impact of displays on 'childrens writing' as opposed to 'children's learning'
    What are your thoughts on this? Does it need to be broken down further or would it be possible to do a project focusing on the impact they have on childrens learning in general?

I'm so confused!! :) Thanks for your help though!! I'm just struggling with how specific it is supposed to be xx

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I don't know how long it should be, but I would have thought you'd need as broad a spectrum as possible to have enough information for a dissertation.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

How about some research into the inverse proportionality between thalamic dopamine D2 brain receptor densities and psychometric creativity in healthy individuals?