1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation Research Primary Teachers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alicejade1994, Jan 15, 2016.

1. alicejade1994

alicejade1994 New commenter

Hi there everyone,
    My name is Alice and I am an Educational Psychology undergrad at Edge Hill University. For my dissertation project I am conducting a questionnaire study based on the relationship between primary school teachers job satisfaction and their perceptions of head teacher leadership. I understand that it is now the weekend and the last thing you want to do is to complete a questionnaire about work but I would really appreciate it if you have a spare 20 mins to fill it out. I need at least 80 participants however from England only!
    If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email- follow the link for the email address.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/24951...acher-Leadership-and-Teacher-Job-Satisfaction

Many Thanks
    Alice
    :)

2. indiemuppet

indiemuppet New commenter

Hi Alice,

Just had a go through it, looks like a particularly interesting research focus!

Any chance you could have a look at the research I'm involved in (below)? It's for anyone involved in education, and simply requires looking at a video for a couple of minutes and possibly leaving a comment? Huge thanks!

;-)

Got 3 minutes? Help out with my MA Learning Tech research & spread the word here!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@indiemuppet - please do not include this link in your posts - it is getting perilously near to spamming the forums . . .

4. indiemuppet

Apologies. I wasn't aware that a single-line signature would cause such upset (particularly something that is both education-related and non-profit).

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Posted once, in an appropriate place, no problem. @indiemuppet .

Posted half a dozen times, it is spamming.

Thank you.

6. indiemuppet

Seriously? Every one of my posts so far has been productive and on-topic, and I've been endeavouring to help others (helping with advice re. IWBs, supply work etc) and contribute to conversations. I merely had one line as a signature (less so than many others, including yours above), which I believed was harmless and unobtrusive, and yes - like the user above, I would appreciate some support from teachers in my research, something which I've already been giving others here. Isn't that what this community is for in the first place? I'm not a spambot, and it's disappointing that you're moderating the community in this way.

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Then you do what Alice did, you start a thread with a specific request for people to help with your research, not tack it on to each and every post you reply to. People will be quite happy to assist but not if they feel you have an "ulterior motive" to your posts.

8. indiemuppet

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, Carrie - it's a lot clearer to me now! As you can probably tell, I'm a new commenter here - and as such I appreciate the constructive and helpful advice rather than a knee-jerk reproach :)