1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DISSERTATION QUESTION HELP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Megeemoo, Oct 25, 2018.

1. I am currently deciding on the topic to structure my dissertation, linking to the subject of English. I do not know what year group I will be placed in so it needs to be suitable for all of primary. (I am doing a BE'd 3-11 route)

These are my current potential topics:

1.The value of role play in pupils levels of meaning making

2. the value of story telling in enhancing lower attaining pupils levels of meaning making and comprehension levels.

3. role play in history teaching

4. role play in promoting discussion

5. role play and drama therapy

Any help would be much appreciated, the more I read the less decisive I become!

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Choose the one which interests you the most and think about any problems you might have on studying any particular topic or your access to students/teachers if you need to involve others in the research.

Number 3, 4, and 5 just at first glance seem more manageable than 1 and 2, but your mentor/lecturers should guide you to take account of your time and resources and what is possible within those frameworks.

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

One piece of advice I often give is for UGs to do a light lit review on each potential question. If lots of things come back then you know it will be a good project with plenty of references. If it comes back spartan then you are making life hard for yourself and as much that your study is contributing to the field, you’ll have a hard time of the whole thing.

And number 4 looks the most flexible for different age groups yet I’m not convinced you’ll find a great deal linking those two variables. You’ll probably have to theme the lit review to both variables.

pepper5 likes this.