1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation on gender stereotype..ideas please :)

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by amandalawford1991, Feb 20, 2016.

1. amandalawford1991

amandalawford1991 New commenter

Hi,

I have written my research proposal for my dissertation and am now looking to start making my methods of data collection. The title is - Does gender stereotype effect the choices Reception children make in free play?
    I am planning to do a survey which will go out online (via survey monkey) to parents, a semi structured interview with 2 of the Reception teachers, I will also be doing some sort of observation on the children where 3 activities will be set up in the classroom, (2 gender bias and 1 more neutral) tracking 6 children at a time (for a 15 minute session) to see where they will go. If anyone has ANY and i mean any suggestions, that would be ideal. Including possible interview questions, parent survey options, or even the best way of recording the play observation and some way of showing my data.. that would be amazing! I'm so swamped at the moment I'm really struggling with ideas! Many thanks :)