1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dissertation Ideas: Please help!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Hbrennan323, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Hbrennan323

Hbrennan323 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm really struggling to come up with an idea for my dissertation!! I'm studying primary teaching, and the main piece of advice I've been given is to do it based on something that interests me- so I have been thinking about doing it based on the Foundation Stage as that is definitely the sector in which I have enjoyed teaching the most during my placement.
    (Although- if anyone has a good idea which is not directly related to early years don't be afraid to share- any help would be appreciated!!)

I had some vague ideas in my head, such as how children can develop early mathematical skills through play; the effect of play on the personal, social and emotional development of a child; the extent to which gender influences play; the influence of teacher-pupil relationships on academic achievement; what can be done by schools to make the process of starting school as easy as possible for children.

A you can see these are all very very vague and none of them are really very original. I'm just finding it really difficult to come up with a solid concrete idea and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice/suggestions to point me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.