1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DISSERTATION HELP ( topic finally decided )

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by charlie3773, Oct 23, 2011.

1. [​IMG] have now decided on my dissertation topic, television and the effect it can have on child development and was wondering if anybody could guide me in direction of any literature or reports on the subject.

2. suepalmer.co.uk - her blog is really interesting
    Toxic Childhood and Detoxing Childhood
    Good Luck with your dissertation[​IMG]

3. There is a chapter in 'Too much, Too soon? Early learning and the erosion of childhood' called Does not compute revisited; Screen technology in Early Years Education by Aric Sigman - worth a look

4. Oh dear!
    Doing proper research into that will be very difficult because there are very few children nowadays that don't watch at least some TV. So u can really only compare those who watch a lot with those who watch less.
    Comparing those who have TVs in their bedroom with those who do not might be produce interesting results.
    Also those who play video games and those who don't.
    What about children who are encouraged to learn to read with online programmes
    and those who are allowed to watch absolutely anything?
    I am rambling a bit, but investigating the effect of parental control over access to modern media versus lack of it seems potentially the most profitable route to me.

5. Look at the report from Dr Tanya Byron and the effects of TV