1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Displays

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mandi2302, May 30, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I looking for some advice on dispays - what colours do you normally use for backing and borders and why??
    Also if you were to Type and print a heading for your display, what font would you use?? And would you use any particular computer programme.
    Also if you were printing classroom resources, or signs and things for the classroom, which websites would you use??
    TIA

2. Hi,
    I looking for some advice on dispays - what colours do you normally use for backing and borders and why??
    Also if you were to Type and print a heading for your display, what font would you use?? And would you use any particular computer programme.
    Also if you were printing classroom resources, or signs and things for the classroom, which websites would you use??
    TIA

3. I use whatever colour contrasts what I am putting up and what there is enough of in the cupboard. I choose a contrasting colour border, but go with whatever there is in the cupboard.
    I use whatever font I feel fits with the theme of the display and generally do it on Publisher.
    I tend to make my own signs, but if I am printing off from the interet I tend to use Communication4all, ******, Mrs Pancake and Save our Sundays.

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

http://www.rainbowresources.co.uk/#/alphabets/4554502753

5. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

I like to use borders that reflect the theme of the display, when possible. I also plan my displays in advance to fit my topics so I know what I'm going to put up. I like using fonts that are in a suitable shape (bones for skeletons, clouds for our book Cloudbusting etc) or that have a picture of the thing the display is about behind the writing.
    I love using fabric for displays and usually pick up cheap bits from the local fabric warehouse. It survives being taken down one year and put away to be put back up next year. I have got some really funky stuff with skeletons on for next year's bodies and bones topic board.
    I have some permanent displays up. Behaviour / learning styles / Welsh / Targets. Then I have a 3 boards that I change each term.

6. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I use lettering from ****** & dont do banners. For backing I just usually have a range through the room and contrasting border. If im planning a particular display I have been known to change the backing paper to match it. For LO and description of skills I use no less than font 36 (school policy) but really it would depend on the size of board etc.

7. Whole school have cream background with either dark red or green border and work has to be double mounted in red or green to match border. At first I thought it sounded really dull especially as work is meant to be in lines, spaced out like a gallery but actually it is much easier to put up and change and is quite calming and easy to look at.