1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Displays help!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by charlotteu, May 19, 2011.

1. Secondary English, and have been pretty rubbish about displays so far! They were never mentioned in PGCE year - why, how to etc - and I've always been dubious about whether students actually look at it!
    I now have, though, a class which has produced some outstanding work that I am really proud of and want to put up. How do others manage this, and should I be trying to mount things etc to make them last longer?
    Also, some of it is creative work e.g. stories which run to a couple of pages and again, I suppose I doubt that anyone will stand and read them but don't think that students should be limited to short work to get it put up.

Any thoughts or advice?!

2. Secondary English, and have been pretty rubbish about displays so far! They were never mentioned in PGCE year - why, how to etc - and I've always been dubious about whether students actually look at it!
    I now have, though, a class which has produced some outstanding work that I am really proud of and want to put up. How do others manage this, and should I be trying to mount things etc to make them last longer?
    Also, some of it is creative work e.g. stories which run to a couple of pages and again, I suppose I doubt that anyone will stand and read them but don't think that students should be limited to short work to get it put up.

Any thoughts or advice?!