1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

displays for 6th form

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by DBizzle, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm just thinking about setting up my classroom, and what kind of displays to put up. The vast majority of my timetable is 6th form, so I'm looking for stuff that's of a higher level than the numerline/shapes stuff I used to have on my wall when I taught mostly lower school. Any ideas? So far I've got the Konigsberg bridge problem but am rather stuck..

Thanks

2. MathsCL

MathsCL New commenter

I usually ask the students to write the revision points from the of the chapter we're working on on brightly coloured paper and stick them up. They're then constantly visible as a resource. I cover random ones up and ask them to write it down from memory as a lesson starter - it means the display changes a lot, but its useful and interactive. Hope this helps

3. DM

DM New commenter

[​IMG]

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Anything here Dbizzle? Perhaps Plus, Mathematical Snacks or Mathematical Moments or the Maths Careers site?
    I think MathsCL's idea is a good one - help them remember key facts.

5. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

I'd concentrate on two areas.

1. The arty stuff, such as fractals, interesting surfaces or curves, and of course Escher.

2. "Proofs without words" are also very nice.